2012 Case IH Magnum 290
West Liberty Location
Luxury Cab, Full Guidance, Front and Rear Duals, High Capacity Hyd. Pump
- Diesel Saver™ Automatic Productivity - Set The Ground Speed You Need. We’ll Do The Rest: The Diesel Saver™ Automatic Productivity Management system takes the guesswork out of setting the right gear/rpm combination. It does the job for you. Wet spots and hills shouldn’t affect your fuel economy. Diesel Saver keeps you moving at the same speed and gives you up to 25 percent improvement in fuel economy and power performance through changing field conditions. No one else offers a more effective solution. Or a simpler one.
- Work Longer And Stronger With The Four-Way Suspended Cab: The simple suspension in a Case IH Magnum cab stabilizes front-to-back and up-and-down motions, which gives you a smoother ride across the field and keeps you from bouncing around while working on uneven terrain. It frees you up to focus on the job and provides you with more control over your tractor — without the fatigue and soreness that comes at the end of a long shift.
- Giving You Peace Of Mind By Giving You Peace And Quiet: Farming is not always a solitary job. Important information comes over the radio. You have to make a phone call. A rider in the instructional seat needs to hear what you have to say. Your business must operate even when you’re getting work done. Magnum tractors feature a quiet cab that lets you handle all the tasks that come up in your day. At field speeds, the Magnum Series offers an impressive 69 dBa. It’s a design that understands today’s producers are experts at multitasking. There’s no other way.
- MultiControl Armrest - The Newest Operating Controls Built The Way Producers Wanted: We relied on extensive input from producers to design the new MultiControl Armrest console in our Magnum tractors. Key functions are at your fingertips. And the console includes the largest touchscreen in the industry, the AFS Pro 700. Seamlessly control autoguidance functions, hydraulic flow and other adjustments. For even easier use, the touchscreen can be customized to display the operating information most important to you. Work with third-party implements and move the console between Case IH equipment, too. All this functionality from one screen. Because that’s the way you wanted it.
- HID Lights - Sometimes You Need To Work More Than Just All Day: It’s unavoidable. Circumstances often require you work in darkness. Magnum tractors offer 360-degree visibility with bright HID lights, so you can always see around the tractor and implements. You can even see the outside row units of your largest planter, which means you can get out and make an adjustment, fuel up or do whatever you need on those long days that require everything you have.
- SCR Technology - More Productivity. Less Fuel: Case IH’s new Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology lowers emissions while improving engine horsepower capability, engine responsiveness, fuel economy and engine reliability. It’s an innovative approach created from listening to farmers who asked for a way to meet more exacting government standards without sacrificing production. And it makes SCR the superior solution for engines over 100 horsepower.
- Engines That Are Proven: Magnum Series tractors use engines produced by FPT Powertrain Technologies, a Case IH sister company and one of the world’s largest engine manufacturers that produces nearly 3 million engines a year. FPT provides the research and testing required to deliver the reliability and durability needed to power today’s agricultural tractors
- The 8.7-liter engine powers the Magnum 235–340 tractors and is designed to meet the tough conditions found in agriculture under heavy engine loads, delivering optimum fuel efficiency and ease of service. This proven engine was introduced by Case IH in Axial-Flow® combines in 2006. It’s ready for your toughest field conditions with up to 35 additional engine horsepower at 2,000 rpm rated speed. And it’s all compliant with the next stage of emission standards that require cleaner exhaust.
- Transmission: The Magnum 235–340 (rated at 195 PTO hp to 290 PTO hp) features a 19-speed with 19th Economy Gear (25 mph) as the standard transmission. Choose from a 19-Speed with 19th Fast Gear (30 mph), 18-Speed or 23-Speed with Shift Through Creeper transmission as optional. Diesel Saver™ APM provides maximum fuel efficiency, managing engine rpm and transmission speed.
- Front Axle Suspension - Delivers The Most Power To The Ground: Keeping all your tires on the ground is crucial for stability and efficient performance from your tractor. The Magnum’s front-axle suspension keeps the wheels to the ground for stability, traction and control over rough terrain. And it provides a better ride at higher speeds. This simple design keeps you from bouncing and jarring in the cab. The solid construction requires less maintenance than other systems. Its suspension is ready to perform anywhere you need the Magnum to go.
- Strong, Versatile Hydraulics That Are Ready For Everything: Hydraulic flow that handles all your row-crop applications and even takes care of loader and mower work allows you to be ready for anything. Plus, the new flow-compensated, quick-connect valves make your operation even more efficient. Set the system how you want, and it adjusts for changing conditions throughout the day.
- No Other Row-Crop Tractor Gives You A Better Turning Radius: The Magnum’s industry-best turning radius supplies you with precise, tight turns. Its top-of-the-line maneuverability was created without sacrificing tractor strength. The improved Surround Frame helps deliver power to the ground for those applications that absolutely must have it. It’s the versatility you demand from a row-crop tractor.
- A Tractor That Works With The Tools And Technologies You Need: The Case IH AFS Pro 700 color display puts those opportunities at your fingertips with improved tractor management and control over Case IH planters, sprayers and drills. Plus, it features ISO11783-compliant instrumentation that works with third-party manufacturers, and its touchscreen monitor gives you the flexibility to farm your way.
- The factory-installed AFS AccuGuide™ autoguidance system offers unsurpassed dependability and convenience. Building the system with the tractor at the Case IH plant ensures correct installation, testing and a higher level of quality. And your tractor arrives closer to field-ready when it gets to the dealer because you don’t have to wait for a technician to install additional components. The AFS AccuGuide is an easy-to-use autoguidance system that eliminates the need to steer in open fields. Its display, controller and receiver move freely among equipment, which means you can focus on maximizing yields with the latest technology working for you. Sub-inch repeatable autoguidance accuracy eliminates the guesswork of row spacing to ensure each one is identical, which means fewer end-of-row turns and overlaps. The system maintains perfectly straight and repeatable rows with RTK accuracy, and it controls traffic patterns and decreases compaction, which brings higher yields. That adds up to less stress and fatigue for you at the end of the day.
- AFS desktop software pulls together numerous sources of data about your farm and gives you the information you need to consider how things are changing. You can layer yield and moisture maps over aerial photographs and compile additional useful information with precision-farming help from third-party information providers. You can also customize charts, graphs and layered maps for further analysis of variety/hybrid, plant population and soil topography. What's more, you can compare dimensions and field-to-field yields from year to year — because autoguidance doesn’t stop working for you once you get out of your tractor.
- Day-To-Day Service That’s As Easy As Standing Up: Checking your tractor’s transmission, oil or hydraulic fluid can be done while standing on the ground. There are no steps to climb or hard-to-reach places. Because your tractor needs to keep running, the Magnum makes it easy for you to quickly and effortlessly keep on top of maintenance. And Case IH dealers and technicians are ready to handle any service issues to keep you going. We also have a 600-hour engine oil service interval, because giving you maximum uptime is part of every tractor Case IH makes.
- Type: Tier 4A with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- Engine HP at Rated RPM per ISO ECE R120 CV: 284 hp
- Maximum Engine HP at 1,800 RPM (ISO per ECE R120 CV): 317 hp
- Engine Power Boost: Up to 35 Additional Engine HP @ 2,200 RPM (Rated Speed)
- Maximum Power Boost Engine HP at 1,800 RPM (ISO per ECE R120 CV): 328 hp
- PTO HP at Rated RPM per SAE: 240 hp
- Cylinders / Displacement: 6 cyl. 8.7 L (531 cu.in.)
- Number of Valves: 24
- Aspiration: Cross-Flow Aspiration / Turbocharged (Wastegate)
- Alternator: 200 Amp
- Battery: Two 12 Volt
- 19-Speed Full Powershift 19Fx4R with 19th Economy Gear (25 mph / 40 kph): Standard
- 19-Speed Full Powershift 19Fx4R (30 mph / 50 kph): Optional
- 18-Speed Full Powershift 18Fx4R: Optional
- 23F/4R Creeper Speeds: Optional
- PTO: 1,000 RPM 1-3/4 in. Shafts (Standard); 1,000 RPM 1-3/4 in. Shaft & 540-1,000 RPM 1-3/8 in. Shafts (Optional)
- Rear Axle Diameter: 4 in. (100 mm) Standard; 4.5 in. (115 mm) Optional
- Rear Axle Length: 120 in. (3050 mm)
- Suspended Front Axle: Optional
- MDF Tread Adjustability: 60-88 in. (1524-2235 mm)
- MDF Duals: Optional (Available only on HD or Suspended Front Axle)
- Wheelbase: 120 in. (3055 mm)
- System Type: Pressure-Flow Compensating (PFC)
- Remotes - (Standard / Optional): 4 / 5 or 6 Electro-Hydraulic
- Main Implement Pump Flow Full Powershift: 44 gpm (166 L/min.) Standard; 59 gpm (255 L/min.) or 75 gpm (282 L/min.) Optional
- Rear 3-Point Hitch Category: Cat III - IIIN / Cat IVN - III
- Cat III / IIIN Hitch Lift Capacity: 43" Links / 38" Links: 12,800 lb. (5806 kg) / 14,800 lb. (6713 kg)
- Cat III / IIIN Optional Hitch Lift Capacity: 43" Links / 38" Links: 15,400 lb. (6985 kg) / 17,400 lb. (7892 kg)
- Cat IVN / III Hitch Lift Capacity: 43" Links / 38" Links: 17,400 lb. (6985 kg) / 19,400 lb. (8800 kg)
- Fuel Tank: 168 gal. (635 L)
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (Def) Tank: 23.6 gal. (89 L)
- Cab Suspension: Optional
- Volume / Size: 109.5 cu.ft. (3.1 cu.m)
- Glass: 68.5 sq.ft. (6.4 sq.m)
- Cab Sound Level: 69 dBa
- Average Standard Weight (Less Front Weights): 27,400 lb. (12430 kg)
- Engine Manufacturer
- Engine Type
- 6 cyl. 8.7 L (531 cu.in.)
- Rated: 284 hp; Max: 317 hp
- PTO HP
- 240 hp
- Rated RPM
- 1800 rpm
- 120 in. (3055 mm)
- 27,400 lb. (12430 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 168 gal. (635 L)
- Standard: 19-Speed Full Powershift 19Fx4R with 19th Economy Gear (25 mph / 40 kph)
- Type: Pressure-Flow Compensating (PFC); Main Pump Flow Full Powershift: 44 gpm (166 L/min.) Standard; 59 gpm (255 L/min.) or 75 gpm (282 L/min.) Optional